Traineeships at PTP
What is a Traineeship?
Traineeships are workplace based training programs that provide people with a career start in a particular occupation or industry. They provide industry endorsed and accredited training that can be tailored to suit both trainee and employer needs.
Traineeships are nationally recognised and on completion trainees receive a nationally recognised Certificate.
Benefits to Business
- Improved work practices & performance.
- Development of a more competitive workforce.
- Training that has been customized to meet workplace needs.
- Government Financial Incentives may apply.
- On-the job training that is designed to minimise disruption to your business.
- Exemption from Work covers premiums (for new employees) during the traineeship period.
No Enrolment Fee or other charges apply to 2013 enrolments providing trainee meets General Eligibility and Age Specific Criteria detailed below.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Employee must be working a minimum of 13 hours per week.
- Employee must be employed on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Employee must be an Australian Citizen or permanent Australian resident.
Age Specific Criteria
Aged 15 – 19 years on 1 January 2013
- Must satisfy all General Eligibility Requirements.
Aged 20 years or older on 1 January 2013
- Must satisfy all General Eligibility Requirements. ·
- Must complete a qualification higher than the highest held.
The following traineeships are delivered by PTP with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Certificate III in Hospitality (Restaurant Front of House) - SIT30716
- Certificate III in Warehousing Operations - TLI31616
- Certificate II in Warehousing Operations - TLI21616
- Certificate II in Business - BSB20115
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery - SIT40516
- Certificate II in Hospitality - (Kitchen Operations) - SIT20312
- Certificate III in Hospitality - SIT30616
- Certificate IV in Hospitality - SIT40313
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery - SIT30816
- Certificate II in Hospitality - SIT20213
- Certificate III in Business - BSB30115