Apprenticeships and Traineeships at PTP
What are Apprenticeships and Traineeships?
Apprenticeships and Traineeships are workplace based training programs that provide you with a career in a particular occupation or industry. They provide industry endorsed and accredited training that can be tailored to suit both student and employer needs.
Apprenticeships and Traineeships are nationally recognised and on successful completion students receive a nationally recognised qualification.
Benefits to your Business
- Improved work practices and performance.
- Development of a more competitive workforce.
- Training that has been tailored to meet your workplace needs.
- Government Incentives may apply.
- On-the job training that is designed to minimise disruption to your business.
- Exemption from Work cover premiums (for new employees) during the traineeship period.
Enrolment and Resource Fees
PTP charges a $250 enrolment fee as well as a resource fee which covers all learning and assessment materials. The resource fee is $15 per unit of competency.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Employee must be working a minimum of 13 hours per week.
- Employee must be employed on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Employee must be an Australian Citizen or permanent Australian resident.
Age Specific Criteria
Aged 15 – 19 years on 1 January 2018
- Must satisfy all General Eligibility Requirements.
Aged 20 years or older on 1 January 2018
- Must satisfy all General Eligibility Requirements. ·
- Must complete a qualification higher than the highest held, or be undertaking an apprenticeship
PTP Apprenticeships and Traineeships
The following Apprenticeships and Traineeships are delivered by PTP with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Certificate III in Hospitality (Restaurant Front of House) - SIT30716
- Certificate III in Warehousing Operations - TLI31616
- Certificate II in Warehousing Operations - TLI21616
- Certificate II in Business - BSB20115
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery - SIT40516
- Certificate II in Kitchen Operations - SIT20416
- Certificate III in Hospitality - SIT30616
- Certificate IV in Hospitality - SIT40416
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery - SIT30816
- Certificate II in Hospitality - SIT20216
- Certificate III in Business - BSB30115