Government Funding Eligibility
Are you Eligible for Government Funding?
Government funded training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding. An eligibility criterion applies, and is broken to the following categories:
Over 20 years of age
If you are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, 20 years of age or older from the 1st of January 2018, completing a qualification higher than the highest qualification held (called upskilling), then you may be eligible for Government Funded courses. (Enrolment fees may still apply)
Under 20 years of age
If you are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, under 20 years of age on 1st of January 2018, then you may be eligible for Government Funded courses. (Enrolment fees may still apply).
To find out more about eligibility for Government Funded training places, please contact our office or click here to access an online eligibility calculator.
Funded Courses for 2018 and 2019:
- Certificate III in Business - BSB30115
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery - SIT30816
- Certificate III in Hospitality (Restaurant Front of House) - SIT30716
- Certificate III in Hospitality - SIT30616
- Certificate III in Warehousing Operations - TLI31616
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery - SIT40516
- Certificate IV in Hospitality - SIT40416
- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management - BSB42015
Fee for Service
Practical Training Pathways offers a range of Fee-For-Service courses in the following areas:
- Commercial Cookery
Established in 2010, Practical Training Pathways (PTP) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) who works closely with Victorian businesses to help them improve business operations, productivity and service levels. We do this through the delivery of workplace based training solutions coupled with business consulting services.
Using industry specialists as our trainers, we are able to do more than just deliver a qualification. We take the time to get to know your business and business needs and ensure that our tailored training solutions provide quality learning outcomes for the student as well as concrete business outcomes for the organisation.
- Training Courses
- Cooking Classes
- Commercial Kitchen Hire
Offering both qualifications and short courses, click on the relevant tabs in the main menu to find out more
Having trouble progressing through your qualification?
Need help understanding the content?
Let PTP provide you with the additional support you need to be successful in completing your qualification.
Tutoring sessions can be one on one or in small groups. We will sit with you and work through the areas you need additional help with, and provide you with supplementary resources to take home with you.
Sessions are usually 2 hours in duration at a cost of $75 per hour. Please speak with us for rates for groups of three or more.
Call 9484 1556 to book a session at a time that suits you.
PTP can offer consultancy services for new and established businesses in the following industries:
- Hospitality and Commercial Cookery, including Restaurant set up, Menu planning and Front of house
- Vocational Education including training needs, compliance, development of policies and procedures, documentation and assessment tools and internal auditing
To discuss your needs, call 9484 1556
Need to improve your cooking skills or just looking for a fun way to spend some time with friends.
Need new ideas for family dinners
Catering for up to six (6) students, PTP runs cooking classes on request. Choose from the following standard sessions or request your own theme:
- Appetisers and salads
- Stocks, sauces and soups
- Vegetables, fruit, eggs and pasta
- Meeting special dietary requirements (great for those who have celiac or food intolerances)
- Cakes, pastries and breads
Commercial Kitchen Hire:
Need a registered kitchen for catering an event? PTP has the solution.
A fully functional registered commercial kitchen with 4 ovens, a number of hotplates and ample bench space for food prep.
Call 9484 1556 for booking enquiries
Onsite group training available
Our courses are delivered by experienced industry professionals with access to Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
PTP is committed to quality and compliance
PTP has a documented policy for the continuous improvement of its services and operations and maintains all required insurance cover including Public Liability, Professional Indemnity and Workers Compensation.
PTP is an Equal Opportunity employer and operates in accordance with government legislation which ensures that employees and contractors are not discriminated against. All employees and contractors are made aware of their obligations under the relevant Commonwealth and State Anti-Discrimination legislation. PTP is committed to preventing unlawful discrimination, sexual harassment, victimisation and vilification in its workplaces. It is also committed to preventing bullying.
Apprenticeships and Traineeships at PTP
What are Apprenticeships and Traineeships?
Apprenticeships and Traineeships are workplace based training programs that provide you with a career in a particular occupation or industry. They provide industry endorsed and accredited training that can be tailored to suit both student and employer needs.
Apprenticeships and Traineeships are nationally recognised and on successful completion students receive a nationally recognised qualification.
Benefits to your Business
- Improved work practices and performance.
- Development of a more competitive workforce.
- Training that has been tailored to meet your workplace needs.
- Government Incentives may apply.
- On-the job training that is designed to minimise disruption to your business.
- Exemption from Work cover premiums (for new employees) during the traineeship period.
Enrolment and Resource Fees
PTP charges a $250 enrolment fee as well as a resource fee which covers all learning and assessment materials. The resource fee is $15 per unit of competency.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Employee must be working a minimum of 13 hours per week.
- Employee must be employed on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Employee must be an Australian Citizen or permanent Australian resident.
Age Specific Criteria
Aged 15 – 19 years on 1 January 2018
- Must satisfy all General Eligibility Requirements.
Aged 20 years or older on 1 January 2018
- Must satisfy all General Eligibility Requirements. ·
- Must complete a qualification higher than the highest held, or be undertaking an apprenticeship
PTP Apprenticeships and Traineeships
The following Apprenticeships and Traineeships are delivered by PTP with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.