Food Safety Certfiicate (Level 1)
The Food Safety Certificate Level 1 is a short course designed to meet the requirements of Food Safety Victoria’s guidelines. Any business that serves food must ensure that members of their staff hold certificates in food safety hygiene and this course provides participants involved in food preparation basic hygiene principles and the required certification for the role.
Responsible Service of Food training will provide participants with an understanding of:
- Correct storage temperatures
- Dealing with danger foods
- Personal hygiene for staff members
- Cleaning food preparation areas
- Prevention measures in the kitchen
- Pest control
On successful completion of the above unit of competency, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment by Practical Training Pathways.
Entry Requirements/Prerequisite Units
- Use hygienic practises for food saftey (SITXFSA001)
3 Hour classroom based training
Potential Job Roles